PS: Eager Beavers may enjoy the following additional information:
HOW TO INCORPORATE DANDELIONS TO MEALS:
- Flowers can be added to salads, or used to make dandelion syrup, honey or wine.
- Dandelion stalks can be added to your smoothies.
- Young leaves of dandelion can be added to green salads, stir-fries, soups and smoothies.
- Use dandelion roots as you would a carrot.
- Dried roots can be steeped into a tea, or roasted and ground to be made into herbal coffee and enjoyed alone or combined with chicory root.
WORDS OF CAUTION:
- Avoid harvesting dandelion near freeways or public parks which may be treated with chemicals.
- Dandelion is generally considered safe for most people, however, dandelion may cause allergic reactions in some when eaten or applied to the skin. If you’re sensitive to ragweed, daises or thistle, you may also be sensitive to dandelions.
- If you have any underlying health condition or take prescription medications (ex. blood thinners, diuretics), make sure to speak to you doctor before adding dandelions to your diet.