PS: Eager Beavers may enjoy the following additional information:
- You can get two types of parsley: the flat-leaf parsley (Italian, stronger flavor) or the curly leaf parsley (mild flavor).
- Choose fresh parsley with no signs of wilting.
- Keep fresh parsley in the fridge in a perforated plastic bag for up to one week.
- Curly leaf parsley is best preserved by freezing as opposed to drying.
- If you have excess of flat leaf parsley, dry it by laying it out in a single layer on a clean kitchen cloth and store in a dark, cool place in a tightly sealed container.
- Juice parsley with other vegetables.
- Chopped parsley can be added to fresh salads, soups, and steamed vegetable dishes.
- Add parsley to pesto sauce for extra green color and texture.
- Combine chopped parsley, garlic, and lemon zest and use it as a rub for chicken, lamb or beef.
- Pregnant women may like to avoid consuming large amounts of parsley as it stimulates the uterus and can, therefore, induce uterine contractions.
HOW TO GROW & HARVEST PARSLEY:
- Click HERE to for the complete guide on how to grow and harvest parsley plant.