PS: Eager Beavers may enjoy the following additional information:
RECIPE TIP BY EVA:
Try my Cauliflower Rice Stir-fry featuring cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, parsley and other good stuff!
- Buy cabbage with compact heads that are heavy for their size.
- Choose cabbage heads with shiny, crisp leaves free of bruises, blemishes and cracks.
- Favor purchasing whole cabbage over precut as it retains more of its vitamin C.
- Air, light and heat impact the nutritional content of whole foods so store cabbage in a plastic bag in the crisper in the fridge.
- Red and green cabbage stored this way will keep for 2 weeks whereas Savoy will keep for about 1 week.
- Add thinly sliced cabbage to stir-fry.
- Sauté equal amount of cabbage and onions, salt to taste, and serve over cooked quinoa.
- Mix shredded cabbage with chopped chives, salt to taste, drizzle some Extra Virgin Olive Oil over it, and serve as a side salad.